We were awarded Healthy Schools status is July 2020. We firmly believe in ensuring children live active and healthy lifestyles. Our PSHE curriculum aims to educate pupils about how to be healthy in all aspects of life. This includes: eating a well-balanced diet, taking exercise and how to behave towards others.
Pupils delivered an excellent, well-prepared presentation with our Healthy Schools moderators and they were very impressed with the information they shared.
What else do we do to make sure we live a healthy lifestyle?
Here are a few opportunities on offer to ensure we teach children about being healthy in all aspects of life:
- Growing our own vegetables
- Forest school
- Outdoor gym equipment (funded by Sports Premium and AFSS)
- Lunchtime and after school sports clubs
- Physically active programme
- Change 4 life club
- 6s and 7s and 9s, 10s, 11s
- Learning mentoring
- Rabbit ambassadors
- Friendship club (led by year 6)
- Suggestion box (led by year 6)
- Fundraising for charities
- Community month